We’re currently experimenting with online literature circles at our school.
Certainly literature circles, book clubs, and discussion groups aren’t new tools for many teachers. For example, theÂ Saskatoon Public School Board has some great resources on their website about different ways to run literature circles, as well as assessment and evaluation considerations.
However, the idea of running a literature circle online may be new for some teachers. We’re setting up Educircles.com as a way to help get more teachers using bulletin board software for online literature circles.
- What do online literature circles look like?
- Other teachers who are experimenting with Online Literature Circles
- Five reasons why you should consider running online literature circles for your students.
- Things to think about when setting up your Online Literature Circles
- Current challenges we’re facing in implementing online literature circles with 8 different teachers and 11 different classes (Grade 7/8)
- How do I create an online literature circle or virtual book club?
- Challenges to getting (more) teachers to use Online Literature Circles and Virtual Book Clubs