Note: This is a living document. This list was last updated on Jul 4, 2012. How do you use technology in your classroom? Leave a comment below.
Sure, it’s summer time, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have a few ideas brewing on the back burner.Â Here are some technology things that you could do with your students. Not everything may be feasible (i.e. cost factors) or appropriate (i.e. security or privacy issues):
- some of the things we’re already doing,
- some of the things we’re thinking of doing, and,
- some of the things are simply wishful thinking, but great ideas have to start somewhere…
Some of the things listed could be considered authentic ways to use technology in the classroom (i.e. using smart boards as a teaching tool), where as other ideas might be considered using technology for technology’s sake (i.e. learning HTML to explore web design).
How do you integrate technology into the curriculum? Do you have any ideas to add to the list? (It’s a work in progress. Yes, we know there aren’t 101 things on the list… yet.) Continue reading “Classroom Technology Wish List: 101 Ways to Bring Technology into the Classroom”
More and more teachers are blogging in the classroom. And, why not! There are a lot of reasons to consider blogging in the classroom.
- It gives your students an authentic purpose to write. The idea that their stories will be published online for the world to see may motivate them to do their best.
- Students have a real goal in sight when using the writing process. Not everything needs to be revised, edited, and published, but because this work will be on public display, there’s greater incentive to polish the work. Continue reading “6 Reasons To Get Your Students Blogging”