Geotagging is the art and science of adding geographic information to stuff on the net. It’s interesting for teachers because it gives you a way to show your students who is reading their work published on the internet. Or, at least, where they’re from.
- Things you need to know about IP Addresses – Your Address on the Internet
- Ways to show geographic information on your edublog:
- Clustrmaps – add a world map showing who is reading your class blog
- Feedjit – show live traffic feeds and zoom in on a world map with geographic information
- Geotag your comments showing where in the world your commenters come from